New Franchisees, David and Kelly – Wilcote Johannesburg West
Name: David and Kelly
Franchise name: Wilcote
Location of franchise: Johannesburg West
1. Why did you go down the franchise route?
We were looking for a tried and tested business system.
2. Why did you choose your franchise?
We chose Wilcote because of their long existing years in the business.
3. What did you do before taking up a franchise?
Two partners were working in project management and were quantity surveying consultants and the other partner was in an advertising organisation.
4. How did you raise the finance?
From previous business
5. What training and support did you receive initially and ongoing?
We received product training, instillation training, safety training and general day-to-day running of the business
6. What is a typical day for you as a franchisee?
Calling potential clients, doing presentations and database application and submission of proposals and setting up new office.
7. What challenges have you faced?
Difficult to quote
8. Has becoming a franchisee changed your life, if so how?
9. What advice would you give to someone thinking of buying their first franchise?
Still early to tell as we haven’t experienced enough
10. What are your plans for the future?
To take the brand to other African countries