Mica Franchise Brand is 28 years old and Going Strong
Mica was founded back in 1984 on the promise to bring a community hardware to every town, Mica has steadily proven itself as the hardware brand of choice in the South African market bringing their customers superior service, expert advice and a range of the best hardware products in the country.
In 2011, Mica won a number of consumer awards including The Daily News Best Hardware Store Award, The Leisure Options Best of Jo-Burg Best Hardware Shop Award and The Star Readers’ Choice Award for Best Hardware Store. Mica believes in the power of the entrepreneur and their individual flair for their market. The brand is committed to specializing in an all-encompassing range of products for every home improvement job.
According to MD Clifford Buchler, Mica will continually strive to re-engineer and innovate to remain at the forefront of new developments in the retail hardware industry and be the “first choice destination for the home improver”.
What Mica offers to owner operators that join the brand
- Mica Support Centre – with a team that boasts years of experience and dedicated departments for finance, marketing, merchandise and business development, the offering is holistic and well rounded.
- Marketing – Mica puts together a strategy that spans all the disciplines – Product Promotions, Magazine Advertising, The Internet, Television and Radio. They are also focused on assisting their members with tactical and regional campaigns to gain market share.
- Merchandise – The Mica Category Managers are the link between Suppliers and Members in their business and are continuously working for the best possible offerings to the members as well as bringing new, innovative products into the business.
- Business Development –Mica’s team of retail specialists are available to all their members for all their needs.
- I.T. – Mica is continuously developing and enhancing their I.T. offering to the members including an online ordering system, product master file and point of sale systems
- Communication –Mica have built a portal into which members have access for all day-to-day communications