Sherpa Kids Franchise for Sale
- Sherpa Kids are THE Out of School Hours experts. The business focus is on Before School, After School and Holiday Care based on-site at Primary Schools. This business is perfect for those with a love for children and a head for business.
- Sherpa Kids is a franchised “Out of School Hours” Care business. Our programmes are structured, engaging, fun, safe and educational. We are seeking like-minded high performing entrepreneurs to join us as either cluster/territory franchisees or Regional Directors (Regional Masters)
- Sherpa Kids has twice been awarded (2015 and 2016) as a FASA finalist Newcomver Franchise of the Year and in 2016 also awarded as finalist Leading Developer of Emerging Entrepeneurs.
- Rated by School Advisor as a Top 5 supplier of services to schools
- Finalist African Education Week Basic Education School Supplier
- Regional Director will secure the rights to both their own sites as well as securing franchisees within their own province/country
- Launched in South Africa, with existing operations for over 20 years in global markets, Sherpa Kids South Afica already has over 25 locations offering our expert out of school hours’ care.
- These include both public and independent schools in numerous provinces.
- Upfront investment is a franchisee fee at Regional Directors level ranges from R350 000 to R1 million (province/country dependant) This investment secures the exclusive rights to recruit and develop a franchisee base servicing all the targeted primary schools in your province/ country (these include Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia and Swaziland)
- Individual franchises cost R100 000 for a single territory which consists of multiple centres per single territory
- Ongoing royalties of 11% of sales. The regional director will retain a significant portion of the franchise royalties of all franchisees recruited within their province/country.
- Plus a 2% of sales contribution to Group Marketing Fund
Financial Business Benefits
- No expensive and high long term retail rents – in some cases no lease fees paid at all
- Low cost entry
- A proven business model
- A rapid return on investment
- Recession proof
- North West – various hubs
- Western Cape, South Africa – Regional Director
- Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa – Regional Director
Training and Support
- Prior to opening a site all franchisees will receive a week’s intensive training which includes technical operations and business management guidance
- In addition, the first week on site in your Sherpa Kids centre will include operational support from head office
- Training, mentoring and coaching will be provided on an-going basis-.
- Regular on site compliance visits are an are part of the strategy to ensure alignment to policy and procedures and identify training needs
- Industry leading IT platform provides current operational procedures in the most up to date versions ensuring smooth business operations
- Business operations
- Business mentoring and training is provided
- Business planning
- Operations manuals including: Regulatory compliance, HR, Marketing, Administration, Business Operations, Finance, On-site Policies and Procedures
- Online platforms for business administration
- Support by a highly skilled and trained franchise team
- On-going business support and opportunities to up-skill and build a strong financially sound business
- Marketing assistance
- Strong networking base with other business owners
About Sherpa Kids Franchise
Founded in 1996 and operating in over 200 schools in New Zealand (as Safe Kids in Daily Supervision), Australia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada and Southern Africa. The business has a proven model as a low cost, low risk option with solid returns.
Sherpa Kids International consists of an internationally awarded team including record four time winner of South Australian Franchise Woman of the Year: Vicki Prout and Dawn Engelbrecht – Finalist 2012 Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year (New Zealand) in the senior leadership team.
The Southern African team is led by managing director, Genevieve Allen, who has 20 years’ experience in the independent education sector having held MD portfolios for Advtech Ltd- the largest listed education group in South Africa. She is supported by a team of education, childcare and operations specialists meticulously selected for their passion for children and proven track record of delivery.
Business Benefits – On-site Operations
- Highly structured programmes that align with International Best Practice
- Set programmes for before school care, after school care and holiday care
- Work within school grounds – operating on-site provides familiarity for parents and children
Who’s Ideal for Us?
Sherpa Kids is a fast growing company in a high demand and extremely important industry and is looking for savvy HIGH PERFORMING ENTREPENEURS as Regional Directors to partner with the Country Master to develop a province throughout South Africa or a bordering country.
The key roles and responsibilities of the Regional Director level franchisee are:
- Entrepreneurs that can challenge people to grow
- Entrepreneur that can manage a business with multi levels and options
- Have a strong desire to drive business partners – motivate them for success
- Have the ability to create opportunities. We want to be market leader
- Help us to recruit like- minded individuals to grow and develop the Sherpa Kids brand in South Africa by appointing local franchisees within your province/country who:
- enjoy working with children
- want making a change and difference in their community
- want to build a business that you can grow continuously
- are not necessarily qualified educators but will have trained staff in place overseeing their centres
Together we work to engage new franchisees, assist them to develop services within their schools as Sherpa Kids, in order to implement our programmes.
- Your role is then to mentor, develop, drive, ensure compliance and your business takes shape.