OBC Chicken and Meat Award-Winning Franchise
OBC Chicken and Meat is an established and award-winning brand and one of the fastest growing retail supermarket chains in South Africa with a footprint covering ten provinces and more than 50 stores nationwide.
To invest in an OBC Chicken and Meat Franchise is as follows:
- Initial fee: R120,000 (Excluding Vat)
- Set-up cost: From R 5 million (Excluding Vat) on average
- Deposit: 30% deposit with jobs fund, 50% deposit with commercial banks of establishment cost.
- Training: Extensive initial and ongoing training and support.
- Working Capital: R500 000.00 on average
- Total Investment: R5 500 000.00 (excluding Vat) on average, including initial stock which is payable upfront.
- Royalty fee: 2% (two percent) on the monthly turnover on the first R1 500 000.00 (One million five hundred thousand rand) only; 1% (one percent) on the monthly turnover on the next R1 000 000.00 (One million rand) only; 0.5% (half a percent) on the monthly turnover for everything there above R 2 500 000.00 (Two Million five hundred thousand rand);
- Marketing fee: 1% on monthly turnover (to a max R17000 pm)
What do you get when you invest in an OBC Chicken and Meat Franchise?
A fully fledged OBC store and ready to trade! The OBC Group (the Franchisor) supplies a full service, turnkey operation including area planning, store layout, fixtures and fittings and launch promotion material for all new stores, including modern, attractive exterior and in-store signage. To ensure our stores maintain optimum stock levels, we have placed supply and distribution at the core of the OBC business model. With two separate distribution centres and a dedicated fleet of trucks, we are geared to serve our stores daily. Driven and managed by the central buying division, the OBC Group also offers franchisees further benefit from the buying power of the group that secures not only competitive prices and special savings in direct deals, but ensures that the quality of the products and related services is of unparalleled high standards. Brand awareness is maintained through continuous and be-spoke marketing campaigns using a combination of communication channels, from national and local media to point-of-sale promotions; vehicle branding; in-store product activations, flyer and pamphlets, to mention just a few.
We are currently seeking Franchise partners to join us in the following areas:
- Gauteng – Mamelodi, Tembisa, Krugersdorp, Mohlakeng.
- Eastern Cape – Mount Frere, Lusikisiki.
- Western Cape – George, Khayelitsha.
- Mpumalanga – Witbank, Secunda, Acornhoek, Thulamahashe.
- Limpopo – Elim, Siloam, Thohoyandou.
- KwaZulu-Natal – Umlazi, Pongola, Richards Bay, KwaDukuza, Nongoma, Empangeni, Tugela Ferry, Dundee, Greytown, Port Shepstone, KwaMashu.
- Northern Cape – Vryburg, Kuruman, Upington.
- Free State – Thaba Nchu, Welkom.
- North West – Rustenburg.
Training and Support
Initial training and support:
A comprehensive step-by-step and intensive initial training programme specially tailored for new franchisees to familiarise with the OBC Operations Manual and all the nuts and bolts on how to run an OBC franchise business.
Ongoing training and support:
Whether you’re starting out with us or you need assistance with the daily running of your store, our national operational teams visit the stores regularly to provide you with continued advice and expertise in terms of store management, staff and merchandising, display promotions, local trends and customer service so that you are given every possible opportunity to succeed. Our head office also provides IT support 24/7 to ensure your critical point of sale and stock control systems are always online and stable.
About OBC Chicken and Meat Franchises
OBC Chicken and Meat was established in 1987 and currently trades through a national network of over 50 stores throughout most regions of South Africa. It has become one of the most recognised and loved brands in the lower to mid-income household segment of the market – a fast growing emerging community with more than 38 million consumers.
While famous for our range of fresh and frozen chicken and related products, the OBC offering also includes a wide range of quality essential proteins and value for money basic food stuffs that conveniently serve the daily needs of our consumers. OBC franchisees benefit from the OBC Group’s vast operational experience of nearly 30 years in the industry; extensive training, supply chain and back-up services.
The South African retail environment is highly competitive and the OBC’s business model of Franchising has emerged as the winning formula after being considered the best model in the industry by the Franchise Association of South Africa (FASA). The OBC Group was awarded the title of FASA’s Franchisor of the Year in 2015 and again in 2016.
OBC also won Field Service Consultant of the year 2016 as well as the South Africa Portuguese Chamber of Commerce (SAPCC)’s Large Business Award in 2015 and in 2016.
Passionate about customer service, hard worker and keen to become part of a professional and energetic team representing an award-winning brand.