King Pie was established in 1993 and has been part of consumers’ lives for over 25 years with a strong South African heritage. King Pie products are known for its quality, taste, wholesomeness and value pricing. The King Pie franchise is without a doubt the biggest and most successful pie franchise with over 300 outlets in South Africa and African countries like Mozambique, Namibia and Swaziland.
What is the cost of King Pie franchise
Concept: King Pie Store:
- Estimate Set Up Cost: Between R450 000 & R550 000 (Depending on size and layout)
- Joining Fee – New franchisee: R55 000
- Design Fee: R12 000
- Starting Royalty Fee: R4 300
- Marketing Fee: R1 290
- Escalation of MSF 12 months: 5% of turnover and Marketing Fund 1.5% of turnover
Concept: King Pie Express Unit
- Estimate Set Up Cost: From R289 000 (Site dependent)
- Joining Fee – R10 000
- Design Fee: R0
- Starting Royalty Fee: R1 000
- Marketing Fee: R500
- Escalation of MSF: 6 months: 5% of turnover and Marketing Fund 1.5% of turnover
Concept: King Pie Kiosk
- Estimate Set Up Cost for Kiosk plus Storage Facility: From R450 000 (Site dependent)
- Joining Fee – R5 000
- Design Fee: R12 000
- Starting Royalty Fee: R1 000
- Marketing Fee :R500
- Escalation of MSF: 6 months – 5% of turnover and Marketing Fund 1.5% of turnover
50% of the set up cost must be available as unencumbered funds
What do you get for the investment?
The following is included in the Set Up Cost of R450 000 to R550 000
- Site Preparation & Building works
- Shop Fitting
- Signage & Printing Media
- Baking Equipment
- Freezer & Refrigeration
- Automatic Ventless Deep Frying Machine
- King Pie Display Cabinet’s
- Shelving & Storage (Specified)
- General Equipment, Service & Statutory Fees
New opportunities available
- Witbank Saveways – Mpumalanga
- Maokeng Mall – Free State
- Kim Park – Kimberley
- Jabulani Crossing
- Maluti Crescent – Phuthaditjhaba
- Ferndale – Randburg
Existing Opportunities available
- Protea Glen – Soweto
- KwaMashu Bridge City
- Greenstone – Johannesburg
Existing stores in the market
Please send an enquiry in order to provide you with the opportunities available in your area
Should you know of a new development or premises available in your area, please supply us with the contact details of the developers or Landlord and we will follow it up and do the necessary negotiating on your behalf.
Initial training and support
The training consists of 5 days training: 2 days theoretical (classroom) training and 3 days practical (hands on) in store training. It is also compulsory for staff to attend training well in advance to the opening of the store.
Ongoing training and support
Expert support staff team to assist across all disciplines including; Operations, Legal, Marketing, Training, Finance and R & D.
Reasons to join King Pie …Join our royal family
- The King Pie system is one of the easiest and cleanest in the QSR industry as no production or assembly takes place in the outlet.
- The product arrives frozen and is then baked in the store on demand. Thus immediate, clean, simple and simply irresistible.
- The products sold by King Pie franchisees are manufactured at one centralized, state of the art facility.
- The products are distributed nationally (and internationally) by way of a dedicated distributor.
- All our products are baked from frozen, therefore ensuring excellent quality and freshness.
- Our professional team matches the potential franchisee, (which will have to undergo the necessary assessments in order to be considered as a franchisee) to a site. Once the outlet is open (which is a turn-key operation) our franchisee can immediately serve the best products available in our industry.
- Well established King Pie Training Academy. New franchisees undergo intensive training before opening the new franchise. This includes a 3-day theoretical course at King Pie’s support office and a 2-day practical course in a regional training center.
- Professional, passionate and supportive franchisor.
- Excellent return on investment.
- An ever extending product range for all income groups and appetites.
- Relatively low set up cost compared to other QSR brands.
- A well promoted and established brand.
- Value for money offering.
- Market Leader in the pie category.
Who’s ideal for our Royal Family?
- Passionate, loyal, hands-on energetic operators
- Support the values of our brand
- Excellent customer service
- Team players
King Pie Franchise Concepts
King Pie Shop
We can open a King Pie store comfortably in premises of between 30 – 50m2. The product arrives frozen and is then baked in the store on demand. Thus immediate, clean, simple and simply irresistible.
The King Pie Express Unit:
Is a pre-manufactured unit with the throughput and capacity of a normal King Pie Store that can be deployed and commissioned anywhere within a day. This is a robust unit thatcan be exposed to all types of weather conditions. The ±18m2 Express unit is designed in line with the King Pie Store concept. It is manufactured from a heavy duty and reinforced material. The standard King Pie Store equipment is included in the unit. All that is required is a water and electricity connection, preferable 3-phase.
The King Pie Kiosk:
Is a modular system which is easy to assemble in shopping centres. The concept is ideally situated in passageways, under staircases and escalators. The design of this unit can be customized in relation to the
space available as well as the access to the unit i.e. we can move the displays around. Assembly takes 2 – 4 hours. The footprint needed is 3m x3m. The power requirement is 15-25 Amp single phase (equipment dependent). Plugs as required for equipment. A water connection is only required for the coffee and mash & gravy machines. An area is needed to bake the product to ensure sufficient supply of pies.
Click image to enlarge