Galito’s is all about fresh, full flavoured, flame grilled chicken! If you would like to be part of a brand that is all about making customers happy, consistently and one chicken at a time, then make sure you get in touch!
An ideal Galito’s Franchise Restaurant is between 160 m² and 180 m².the average setup of a store is between R10 000 – R12 000 per m2. (Please note that this cost may be subject to review, depending on the floor size, initial premises condition and location). This amount includes:
- Initial Franchise Joining Fee
- Restaurant Design
- Franchisee Assessments Cost and Project Management
- Internal Building Construction from Plumbing and Electrical to Tiling
- All Operational Equipment
- Furniture and Fittings
- Point of Sale System
- External & Internal Signage and Menu Boards
- Staff Training & Uniforms
The Galito’s financial model recommends a maximum business gearing of not more than 50%. Therefore, we require potential applicants to have a minimum of half of the total cost of the store as unencumbered funds (money not secured by any creditor), together with sufficient collateral to secure a business loan for the balance of the required setup cost. R300 000 is recommended for operating capital.
A Galito’s restaurant enjoys a gross profit of 56%+ (including packaging costs), with expected Return on Sales (ROS) ranging from 15% to 20%, prudently modelled on turnovers of R300 000 to R600 000+ respectively.
- Royalty of 5 % of turnover is payable on a monthly basis
- Brand Development Contribution of 4 % of turnover is payable on a monthly basis
What do you get for the investment?
A Turn-Key Investment
We’re looking to expand throughout South Africa (both city and outlaying markets), namely within the following regions:
- Kwa-Zulu Natal
- North West Province
Ideal Store Location
Ideal premises, between 160 m2 to 180 m2, situated in a highly visibly location, (preferably a corner site). Easy pedestrian access with a constant high volume of foot traffic is essential, and separate delivery entrance is preferable. Sufficient parking would be an added benefit. Many of the top performing Galito’s branches are positioned in an emerging market region.
We also offer Container solutions, called GaliPods. This setup allows us to penetrate non-traditional QSR markets, as a more cost effective solution. Our kitchen are fabricated within the container. More information available upon request.
Initial training and support
We have an extremely practical and effective ‘modular’ training program, to ensure that all staff are more than competently trained and evaluated within their respective work stations. The initial training program is typically conducted over a 6 week period, facilitated by dedicated operations trainers.
Ongoing training and support
Regional Managers, assisted by Regional Trainers, provide ad hoc training and weekly support on a variety of issues, ranging from detailed kitchen processes, through to benchmarking and business planning, ensuring that your restaurant operates at its optimum.
An extensive Operations Manual, together with diagrammatic in-store recipe, process and systems cards provide both yourself and your management with quick reference and self-help tools on a wide variety of items.
The Ideal Qualities required for a Galito’s Franchisee are:
- Motivation, perseverance, maturity and integrity
- Determined and energetic
- Computer literate
- Possess a strong customer focus and the ability to train and facilitate training for staff
The Personal Attributes of a Galito’s Franchisee are:
- Demonstrate certain entrepreneurial skills, yet also show the ability and willingness to be a team player.
- Must consider the business as a long term investment. He/she must show commitment and have a loyal and consistent character.
- Must be a “go-getter” with high energy levels and a strong will to succeed.
- Be people orientated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must have a love for working with people and be capable of gaining and maintaining a rapport with the client base through being friendly, patient and tolerant, yet firm. Must be able to manage others and have good motivational skills.
- The restaurant business often requires long hours and hard work and the franchisee therefore must have the stamina and strength required to operating a Galito’s store.
- A potential Galito’s franchisee need not have any formal qualification, but must have a matric. It is also essential for the candidate to be reasonably computer literate.
- The applicant would need to be credit worthy and have available financial resources.
Galito’s Background & History
The Galito’s story began with the first restaurant opening in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga in 1996. With a powerful combination of great tasting chicken, passionate service and pride, Galito’s quickly became the Lowveld favourite.
After opening several successful restaurants within the region, Galito’s decided to share its unique flavour with the rest of South Africa and in 2003, initiated its brand development and franchising journey. It was at this point that Galito’s franchising efforts took off in earnest, opening to huge acclaim in Gauteng, Kwa-Zulu Natal, Limpopo, and Eastern Cape over the next few years.
In 2006 Galito’s spread its wings into Africa – Kenya, Ghana and Senegal, Zambia and Malawi; then moving further abroad internationally in 2010 to Canada, with United Arab Emirates, India and Malaysia following in 2014.
There are currently 16 trading territories with another country scheduled to open new stores in 2018, and a store count of over 150.
Why own a Galito’s Franchise?
Looking for a cracking opportunity? Got a passion for great food & service? Join our fast growing family of entrepreneurs.
We provide our customers with good value for money meals that they can trust, knowing that they have a made a smart buy. Our brand is fun, honest and down to earth, providing a pleasant alternative to other generic brand offerings.
We offer a turnkey solution- from site selection to staff recruitment and training; we are with you every step of the way.
Our comprehensive Operational Manual, ongoing Training Program and detailed preparation, recipe and systems cards allow you to consistently supply high quality products.
Appointed regional Field Service Consultants offer ongoing store- level support and assistance and our Central Kitchen allows us to supply fresh product, competitively and conveniently straight to your store.
Galito’s Brand Value
Being totally customer focused must be the philosophy of all Galito’s franchisees and employees working in the store. Our customers must be able to identify with the brand and know that they are at the centre of our business. The differentiation of the brand rests on making customers feel important and special as well as giving them peace of mind.
It is important that we are able to provide customers with a consistently good product and value for money time and again. We need to give our customers a reason for coming into Galito’s and then to ensure they return on an ongoing basis.
These reasons include:
- Offering customers a choice
- Provide assistance and service by trained staff who possess the relevant product knowledge
- Provide customers with a choice of top-quality products, at a competitive price
- Pleasant and clean environment
Every touch point within the brand is driven by the following values: Family; Loyalty to our heritage; our recipes and our brand; Appreciation for each other and our customers; Motivated to be the best we can be; Energized and Passionate values that each Galito’s Employee carries with them.
Galito’s franchisees must adopt the Mission Statement and live buy it:
Galito’s aims to provide its customers with an honest down-to-earth meal they can trust, in a clean, welcoming and fun environment. Our truly diverse range of customers choose our affordable 100% flame grilled chicken, marinated with only natural ingredients, knowing they have made a ‘smart buy’.
To rule the roost.
Our vision has not changed over the years and it is still to share our Galito’s experience with the entire country, catering to all sectors of our population and become South Africa’s leading chicken brand. We aspire to gain national acclaim for our good quality and great tasting chicken. We shall strive to offer you a great fast-food experience, so that when you think chicken, you think Galito’s. We do this relying on and maintaining our root strengths which include:
- a product-led company, not a marketing-hype brand, with an original recipe that stands to this day
- Natural, fresh ingredients and fresh-for-you preparation
- Honest, involved entrepreneurial brand creators and owners who mirror the brand’s values and are still involved today, right through
- A commitment to be responsive to consumers and give them what they want, from day one
- A grass-roots brand; honest and trustworthy right the way through
Click image to enlarge