DIY Depot Franchises specialise in building, hardware and paint retail with 120 stores across South Africa and growing. DIY DEPOT is opening stores in every town so don’t miss out – join this dynamic group by filling in the contact form below
- Cost: Depending on the model chosen – between R950 000 and R2.8 million.
- Monthly Service Fee: The franchisee will pay the franchisor a monthly service fee as agreed in the franchise contract.
The finer detail of financial information will be disclosed on application.
What do you get for the investment?
We offer you the advantages of being part of a larger synergy, while still allowing you to be independent!
- A strong corporate identity.
- A competitive rebate structure.
- Affordable monthly franchise fees.
- Access to building supplies and cement.
- Monthly marketing and advertising programme.
- Preferential rental amounts due to our strong alliance with many of the large shopping centre landlords.
- DIY DEPOT branded top quality merchandise that puts the DIY DEPOT brand in the home and mind of the user every time they see the product.
- 100 + moving billboards in the form of our delivery vehicles constantly visible on all major routes.
- Access to a fully-fledged training centre – offering courses in all aspects of hardware store management from finance and back office to IT and product knowledge courses held in all major city centres regularly.
- Custom styled uniforms exclusive to DIY DEPOT.
- Preferential banking and credit card rates.
- Dedicated field staff regularly visiting the stores.
- Monthly in-store problem solving sessions.
- “SWAT” team at hand ( a hand-picked group of the industry’s finest minds on call in the event of an emergency or a problematic store).
- In-house business brokerage – our highly skilled team will endeavour to broker the sale of your existing store to one of our pre-qualified applicants.
- Zero cost store conversion – for DIY DEPOT qualifying members, we will cover the conversion costs from signage to uniforms.
- Soft financing of all paint tinting and key cutting equipment.
- Income statement benchmarking in order to assess the health of your business.
- Unique store concepts to accommodate a wide range of store sizes.
- National footprint and brand awareness.
- Approachable and honest management team.
- Proven track record.
- Access to funding through various institutions.
- In-store financing for your customers.
- Dedicated and highly motivated marketing team.
- In-house architect to assist with store layout and design.
- Shop fitting and layout concept designed by renowned retail layout expert.
- IT and inventory expert on hand.
- Store conversion testimonies from various existing retailers showing double digit increases in annual sales.
- Affiliation with SAPMA (South African Paint Manufacturing Association) and FASA (Franchise Association South Africa) means DIY DEPOT is a responsible, governed organisation to be part of.
- Resale in Edenvale, Johannesburg
- Eastern Cape
- Western Cape
- Kwa-Zulu Natal
- Northern Cape
- Free State
- North West
DIY DEPOT offers a team of retail specialists to all our franchisees to provide expert guidance and advice, operational support and to give suggestions after doing a thorough analysis of your business operations. The DIY DEPOT team is also there to assist in finding the best possible location for a new DIY DEPOT franchise! Our team is there to help your franchise succeed and want to enable maximum expansion and growth. By owning a DIY DEPOT you will enjoy a wide range of benefits from belonging to a dedicated and passionate team.
Our retail team has you covered across the following platforms:
- Retail Knowledge
- Cashier Skills
- Telephone Answering Skills
- Product Knowledge
- Service Skills
- Business and staff orientated courses
DIY DEPOT is looking for individuals who are willing and able to share the company’s values. We feel the best candidates will:
- have the ability and desire to deal well with people
- be service driven and quality conscious.
- be self-motivated and have a good work ethic.
- know the value of communication and people skills and must be prepared to spend time and energy cultivating customer loyalty.
- be an owner operator.
Why Own a DIY Depot Franchise?
Because you will get value for money for your investment, you will be investing your money into an industry with enormous growth potential, you will be given constant training, guidance and regular visits by field service consultants. You will be associated with a reputable brand and knowledgeable management team that care about the success of your business.
The owners started with a small town hardware store 30 years ago and have built the business into one of the biggest privately owned retailing ventures in the country.
With over 40 years’ experience in the hardware industry and eager to pass on their successful formula to aspirant entrepreneurs or existing stores wanting to grow their business, DIY DEPOT was born in 2007 and has grown to 120 stores in this short period.
- DIY DEPOT carries a wide range of building products including cement, bricks, sand, timber and other extensive categories of building products that can be delivered to your doorstep.
- DIY DEPOT has a key cutting depot with state of the art equipment to cut or copy any type of key.
- DIY DEPOT has a tinting depot that will match and mix any colour for your painting requirements.
- DIY DEPOT has a wide range of DIY products including paint, paint related products, plumbing, electrical, TV, brush-ware, garden, swimming pool, tools, power tools, ironmongery, security and many more categories all under one roof
- DIY DEPOT has a range of various building mixes, sand and stone all neatly packed into Branded DIY DEPOT bags for your convenience.
- DIY DEPOT is cementing its position as the country’s leading franchise in the supply of building materials, hardware, DIY supplies, paint and paint related products, with 120 stores nationwide.
- The strength and success of the DIY DEPOT GROUP is due to the solid foundation of experience and proven business systems used by the owners of the group in their stores for over 25 years.
“We replicate all of these proven business systems in our franchise stores”. This makes them launch and grow to full potential much quicker. We are fortunate to have a pool of experience amongst the owners which include Accounting, Engineering, Architectural, Marketing, Sales and Franchising skills, all of which our franchises can tap into continuously.
Our VISION is to be the best and most progressive DIY Building, Hardware and Paint Franchise in South Africa.
Our GOALS include:
- QUALITY AND RELIABILITY – To provide our customers with reliable high quality products.
- SERVICE AND VALUE- Too provide our customers with overall superior service and good value for money in every product segment in which we operate.
- CUSTOMER DRIVEN – To excel in responding to customer needs.
- FINANCIAL STRENGTH – To deliver strong and consistent financial performance.
- GOOD EMPLOYER – To sustain a working environment that attracts, retains and develops committed employees, who share in the success of the DIY DEPOT FRANCHISE.
- GOOD NEIGHBOUR – To be a good neighbor who is concerned for the community and the environment.
Click image to enlarge