Buy a Cash Crusaders Franchise and trade in a range of quality second hand and directly imported new goods.
- Average store turnover R850 000
- Achievable gross margins 42%
- Average set-up cost R2.3 million (incl. VAT)
- Initial franchise fee R60 000 excl VAT (incl. in set-up cost)
Franchise term agreements
- Management services fee 11.1% on gross profit
- Marketing fee 8.9% on gross profit
- Initial agreement term 10 years
- Renewal term 10 years
- Upfront fee R30 000 excl. VAT
- Approximate establishment cost R2.3 million, based on 250m2 average store size
- Recommended working capital R300 000
- Total investment R2.2m – R2.5m
- Franchisee’s minimum own cash (before loan) R900 000
What do you get for the investment?
Cash Crusaders Franchising (PTY) Ltd will offer all successful candidates with:
- R300 000 start-up loan assistance, interest free. Payable back within 15 months, only starting from the fourth month of trading.
- The first 10 months of trading, marketing and royalty contribution will NOT be charged.
- Carlswald (Midrand)
- Columbine Square
- Victory Park
- Monument (Krugersdorp)
- Orange Farm Eyethu
- Dawn park
- Florida North/Flora Centre
- Wonderboom Junction
- Glenfair / Lynnwood
- Elardus Park
- Centurion Lifestyle Centre
- Jean Crossing
- The Tramshed
- Faerie Glen
- Les Marais/Mayville
- Voortrekker road
- Pretoria Gardens/Daspoort
- Durban North
- Kwa Mashu
- Welkom Thabong
- Kimberley North Cape Mall
- Rustenburg Waterfall
- Bela Bela
- Louis Trichardt
- Jane Furse
- Piet Retief
- Aliwal North
- Beaufort West
- Gordons Bay
- Walvis Bay
- Dar es Salaam
Initial and Ongoing training and support
Comprehensive training is held in a dedicated training store for franchisees for 10 weeks. The training covers negotiating skills and the buying process, as well as an intense focus on human resources, store administration and industrial relations. Picking up all these valuable skills will culminate in managing a store for a week before training is complete.
There are numerous refresher courses available, as well as advanced product knowledge courses and management development programmes to assist staff members and franchisees. This is monitored by the National Training Manager and the training team, in conjunction with the operation and field staff.
The ideal Cash Crusaders franchisee is an energetic, self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with the desire to succeed in their own business. Due to the comprehensive training provided, prior retail experience is not a prerequisite for Cash Crusaders franchisees. While franchisees are, in essence, independent business owners, they benefit from centralised marketing and branding. This ranges from above- and below-the-line advertising, logos, corporate colours and uniforms.
First franchise opened:1996
Number of outlets: 220
Cash Crusaders first opened its doors in January 1996 in Plumstead, Cape Town. Today it boasts 220 stores located all over the Southern African region from Cape Town to Botswana, Lesotho and Namibia. Cash Crusaders is a respected national franchised brand that fast became part of the South African mainstream retail landscape. It is a founding member of the National Association of Franchised Second Hand Dealers (NAFSHD), which regulates the conduct of outlets.
Activities of Franchise:
Cash Crusaders retails a range of directly imported new goods that includes electronic goods, sporting equipment, musical instruments, D.I.Y tools, photographic equipment and household appliances. Cash Crusaders is an authorised stockist of Doogee smartphones, as well as an accredited service centre.
Our range of quality second-hand items enables a vibrant exchange and valuable flow of guaranteed used goods from consumer to consumer in an efficient, regulated and reliable environment. In addition, Cash Crusaders offers consumers access to secured loans. We are a registered credit provider and are 100% compliant with the National Credit Act (NCA) of 2007.
Click image to enlarge