Cartridge Depot Franchise for Sale
Cartridge Depot (Pty) LTD is a printer cartridge retailer currently operating in Gauteng and Witbank regions in South Africa. The business re-manufactures, distributes and sells printer cartridges under its own Registered Trademark brand (EclipseTM). Additionally Cartridge Depot purchases, distributes and sells original equipment manufacturer (“OEM”) cartridges as well as printing paper and memory devices through its own network of Cartridge Depot Stores and online through its website.
The own branded and guaranteed Eclipse product lines (re-manufactured and imported) are up to 60% cheaper than the OEM product line with all product lines merchandised side by side in the stores.
Production, Inventory, Distribution, Marketing, Business Support Functions and Logistics are managed and controlled from the Head Office.
- Initial fee: R125 000
- Set-up cost: R425 000
- Deposit: Dependent on Landlord Requirement
- Training: included in setup cost
- Working Capital: R100 000
- Total Investment: R650 000 (excluding lease deposit)
- Royalty fee: 5%
- Marketing fee: 4%
Franchisee required to have 50% unencumbered funds available.
What do you get for your investment?
Full turnkey Cartridge Depot Store ready to trade:
- Shop Fittings
- Signage and vehicle branding (excluding vehicle)
- Systems + Computer Equipment (POS)
- Operating and Financial Systems, Policies and Procedures
- Eastern Cape
- Western Cape
- Kwa-Zulu Natal
- Northern Cape
- Free State
- North West
- Other (in Sub-Saharan Africa)
Training and Support
Initial training and support:
Initial setup and training will be supplied. Business Setup, System, policies and procedural training will be supplied by Cartridge Depot Support Function
Ongoing training and support:
- Telephonic as well as remote desktop support will be supplied
- Scheduled and ad-hoc store visits will be undertaken by support function
About Cartridge Depot Franchises
Cartridge Depot was started 18 years ago by the previous owners Ivan and Irma Barkley. From humble beginnings where the business was started in a garage, it now operates out of 1500m2 Head office located at N4 Gateway Industrial Park, 190 Rooiberg Street, Willow Park Manor X65 in the east of Pretoria since 2012 .
On 21 December 2015 Cartridge Depot shareholding was purchased by Tanditrix (Pty) Ltd, an investment company with Frank de Ornelas, Manny de Canha and Martin Schermers as shareholders. Manny and Martin are the appointed directors of Cartridge Depot and are directly involved in the day-to-day management. Cartridge Depot was converted from a Close Corporation (“CC”) to a private company (“(Pty) Ltd”) on 7 December 2015.
At the date of the transaction there were 13 Stores. Since the acquisition the network of has grown to 15 Stores with 2 additional Stores being confirmed for 1st quarter of 2017.
Cartridge Depot is ideally positioned to expand its network of Stores nationally drawing on the following:
• Well-established business and brand, drawing on the rich experience of operating own growing network of Stores
• Solid foundation, with regards to operating procedures, policies and support functions
• Well-developed Financial controls and Systems
• Product and Service offering that has an excellent track record and value proposition.
Who’s Ideal for Cartridge Depot?
Skills: Good communication skills, Sales and Customer Relations
Experience: Minimum of 5 year’s business experience,
Personality Traits: Entrepreneur, Go-getter,
Role of franchisee: Provide a quality customer service experience,
The ideal franchisee:
- Have previous business experience and business network that can be tapped into, preferably some sort of corporate experience
- Passionate about delivering excellent Customer Service
- Passionate about IT and Technology
- Printer knowledge advantageous