kfc franchise are still recruiting franchisees in South Africa. They do state the following as minimum criteria. Please note though that whilst you may meet these criteria, it does not necessarily mean that you will be offered a kfc franchise. Only the best applicants can become a kfc franchise owner, hence why our minimum criteria is set high.
1. Prospective franchisees need to show that they have the required funds to fund up to 5 or more kfc stores. One store costs in the region of R5.5 million.
2. Prospective franchisees must be prepared to undertake a training programme that can last up to 6 month and self-fund themselves through this. This may include visiting an overseas training facility. You require a 100% pass rate to move on to the next stage.
3. Prospective franchisees must have a detailed CV and excellent employment record.
4. Prospective franchisees must be able to demonstrate excellent customer service experience and skills.
5. Prospective franchisees must be able to demonstrate high business acumen (a professional tertiary education will be beneficial).
6. Prospective franchisees must show leadership and demonstrate being capable of managing multi-stores.
7. Prospective franchisees must be hands on in the business and so anyone looking for an investment opportunity will be rejected.
8. Previous experience in the food industry or quick service restaurant industry is essential.
9. Prospective franchisees cannot have an interest in any other food business.
10. Prospective franchisees must be proposed to commit 100% of their working hours in the day-to-day operation of their kfc business. Applicants need to disclose any other business interests.
11. Applicants must be substantially Broad Based BEE compliant with significant direct BEE ownership.
12. Prospective franchisees may have to wait for a considerable time until the right opportunity arises. They also may need to relocate.
13. As mentioned, no opportunities with kfc are guaranteed and kfc will not be held responsible for approved franchise owners that do not open a restaurant for whatsoever reason.
14. Prospective franchisees must pay a non-refundable admin fee of R5 000.00 when they submit their form. Should more detailed background checks be required the cost thereof will be borne by the applicant.
Further information can be found on the kfc website.
Find out more about food franchises