sefa’s core function is to foster the establishment, development and growth of SMMEs and Co-operatives, and to contribute towards poverty alleviation, job creation and economic growth.
Our task is to provide SMMEs and Co-operatives throughout South Africa with simple access to finance in an efficient and sustainable manner, by:
- delivering wholesale and direct lending credit facilities or products;
- providing credit guarantees to SMMEs and Co-operatives;
- supporting the institutional strengthening of financial intermediaries, so that they can effectively assist small and micro-enterprises and co-operatives;
- creating strategic partnerships with a range of institutions for sustainable small, micro and co-operative enterprise development and support;
- monitoring the effectiveness and impact of our financing, credit guarantee and capacity development activities; and
- developing (through partnerships) innovative finance products, tools and channels, to speed up increased market participation in the provision of affordable finance.