At TAB, we believe:
- That collective wisdom brings a strategic advantage
- That accountability hastens individual and business success
- That drive and creativity engender greater possibilities, and
- That clarity of advice eliminates the fear of change
The Alternative Board is a global organisation which has been in operation since 1990. TAB’s founder, Allen Fishman, realised that his non-executive directors had been invaluable to him over the course of his career and wanted to make that kind of experience accessible to all business owners.
He recognised the value that peer advice and coaching from experienced business owners could bring to individuals who were serious about achieving greater personal and business success. He also knew from his own experience that when his personal and business lives were balanced it made him happier and more successful in his role as an entrepreneur.
TAB operates in 21 countries around the world and continues to expand; we have helped over 25,000 business owners to improve their businesses and their lives. TAB was established in South Africa at the end of 2018.
The TAB WayTM is our overall philosophy and the way that we do business. It encompasses four distinct areas:
Value, Culture, Brand, Experience
At TAB we support and celebrate our community members’ personal and business vision, journey, and achievement through measured accountability, collective wisdom, lifelong learning, innovation, and leveraging global best practices and tools. We are a giving and receiving community, where we treat each other as we would like to be treated and pursue trusted advisor relationships.
The TAB system allows significant flexibility that enables the Franchisee to reflect their particular style and capabilities in their Board facilitation and individual business-owner coaching. The TAB WayTM Standards set the level of consistency that ensures the community is better served wherever in the world we go:
The combination of peer-advisory board and personal coaching has made The Alternative Board the #1 business coaching and consulting franchise as ranked by Entrepreneur Magazine in the USA.
How do we differ from a traditional business coach or consultant?
They may concentrate on improving sales, sorting out HR or helping entrepreneurs with finances but that’s often a silo approach and where it ends. At TAB, we look at these too of course, but we start with the business owner as a person.
Benefits of being a franchisee include:
- Having your own successful business under the umbrella of a reputable brand that has proven successful over 30 years across multiple countries, ranked globally #1 in its category
- Support and advice from the Master Franchisee
- Monthly support to your business to ensure you’re successful
- Predictable and stable income streams
- Control over your schedule and your work-life balance
- Good return on investment