FASA 2014 awards announced
10 April – Franchise week kicked off with the FASA awards last night in Sandton.
Carlo Gonzaga, CEO of Taste Holdings won the Hall of Fame award for his contribution to franchising. Taste owns various franchised brands including Scooters Pizza, St Elmo’s Pizza, NWJ, Maxi’s and the Fish and Chip Co. Accepting his award, Carlo spoke about the contribution franchising makes to the economy and job creation. “We have a small brand, Fish and Chip co, which created 1 200 jobs last year” he said. Taste also announced last night that they have signed an exclusive 30-year master licence agreement to develop the international Domino’s Pizza brand in seven southern African countries. Domino’s is a global pizza brand specialising in pizza delivery.
The other award winners included:
- Franchisor of the year – Silverline group
- Franchisee of the year – Perfect 10, Ballito
- Newcomer franchisor of the year – Pick n Pay Express
- Brand builder of the year – Car Service City
- Field service consultant of the year – Gilbert Mpofu of Mike’s Kitchen
- Leading developer of emerging entrepreneurs – Hot Dog Café