Debbie Olivier, Coating Worx Franchisee Success Story
Franchisee Name: Debbie Olivier
Franchise Name: Coating Worx
Location of Franchise: Boksburg, East Rand, Gauteng
“Purchasing the Coating Worx franchise has allowed us to excel as a family in business! The legacy left to my children outweigh the initial capital investment, and we are reaping the returns.”
1. Why did you go down the franchise route?
I wanted the convenience of an existing database, quoting and invoicing profiles already in place.
2. Why did you choose your franchise?
It suits my back ground and skill set.
3. What did you do before taking up a franchise?
I am a geotechnical engineer specialising in mining applications.
4. How did you raise the finance?
5. What training and support did you receive initially and ongoing?
Basic paint training, quoting insights, etc.
6. What is a typical day for you as a franchisee?
Getting up really early to ensure the sites are up and running, and everyone has what they need to carry out their tasks. Delegating supervisory tasks, site visit for quoted, etc.
7. What challenges have you faced?
Mostly perception challenges. Old school individuals believing that women cannot function well in a technical environment. But these do not typically phase my attitude towards my clients. I just prove them wrong!
8. Has becoming a franchisee changed your life, if so how?
Yes. Very much so! I am able to provide employment for 18 people permanently, and support my household.
9. What advice would you give to someone thinking of buying their first franchise?
Examine the integrity of the franchisor and what he/she stands for. This I consider the most important. The rest will follow.
10. What are your plans for the future?
To expand the company to be able to leave a viable legacy for my children – who both contribute to the company at the moment.
11. Would you do it again?
Yes, with Coating Worx most certainly.