NWJ is one of the country’s fastest-growing retail jewellery chains.
Established in 1983 as a small store in the centre of Durban, it has extended within 26 years to over 80 branches throughout Southern Africa.
As an NWJ franchisee, you can become part of a fast growing retail jewellery business in Southern Africa - a business that already has millions of customers.
How do you run a highly successful business built on diamonds, pearls and gold?
Simple... you always offer your customers great value!
- In terms of the quality of the jewellery and watches on sale
- In terms of the price
- In terms of the payment terms (we offer various easy payment options)
- Through having the perfect gift for every occasion
- Through giving the right advice and information
- In the setting and ambience of the store, and the store's location
- In short, value through the total shopping experience
What is NWJ?
At NWJ we offer the customer all of the above and more. We offer the widest variety of jewellery under one roof, with much of it geared to the average spend of R700. Although we also carry jewellery to appeal to much more expensive tastes. Most of our jewellery is manufactured in our own factory to the highest standards and proudly carries the NWJ – SABS guarantee of gold content The rest is carefully selected by our buyers during their various overseas trips. NWJ is the only large jewellery manufacturer in Southern Africa, other than The Coin Company, that has been awarded the internationally approved SABS mark of guarantee of gold content. Thus guaranteeing the quality of the gold, be it 9 carat or 18 carat.
We also specialise in watches, carrying a large range of well-known international brands and carrying our own house brands.
Due to our massive buying power and the fact that we also manufacture much of our jewellery, we cut out the middleman and can therefore offer our customers top quality jewellery and watches at prices well below the market value.
Why own a “NWJ” franchise?
As an NWJ Franchisee, you will receive enormous satisfaction on various levels:
- You can be your own boss without ever being totally alone
- You immediately inherit the status that goes with being part of one of the most successful jewellery companies in the country
- You can control your own destiny
- You have freedom to do what you want within the extremely successful guidelines of NWJ
- You can benefit right away from other people's experience
- You'll have a great sense of achievement
- You will have control of your life
- And a sense of pride
- You can immediately learn the secrets of other people's success, and apply them
- You will never be operating in the dark
- You will achieve both personal knowledge and business knowledge from NWJ's extensive training (product, sales, "MOTIVATIONAL TOOL", and systems training)
- You have the best possible chance of succeeding with the least risk
- You will have immense personal satisfaction, both as an owner/operator and as a member of the fastest growing jewellery chain in the country
- As NWJ is a member of FASA (Franchise Association of SA) you have their full support
Back to top
Cost of a NWJ franchise
- Fixtures & Fittings R580,000.00
- Initial Stock R800,000.00
- Training R10,000.00
- Management Fee R20,000.00
- Stationary & Packaging R20,000.00
- Computers & Software R25,000.00
- Franchise Licence Fee R50,000.00
TOTAL R1,506,000.00 Excluding Vat
Franchisees need to have a minimum of 40% as an own contribution (preferably 50%).
Back to top
Intensive initial training is provided on all aspects of the business, product knowledge and everything you need to start trading!
NWJ will support you with:
- Comprehensive business plans
- A carefully selected site
- Staff selection and training
- POS system, back office and training
- Marketing and advertising promotions
- Financial applications and lease negotiations
- Fixtures and fittings
- Cash flows
- Professional market research
- Product training
Back to top
The ideal candidate would be one who has a passion for jewellery, has management potential with some financial skill and very much a people person who is prepared to succeed within the parameters of a proven and very successful system.
Back to top
It's important to be seen in all the right places.
Currently, NWJ has nearly 80 stores nationwide, conveniently situated in all major centres and towns.
KwaZulu Natal, Witbank, Western Cape, Eastern Cape, Potchefstroom and Gauteng
Landlords: We are looking for suitable premises for new stores. Stores should be in excellent locations, 35m2 to 60m2 and enjoy good visibility and high floor traffic.
Areas: Western Cape, Mpumalanga, Northern Province, North West Province, Namibia and Botswana.
Back to top